It is not possible to fit the foam mattress in the washing machine, and don’t think of trying it. There are easy ways to clean the foam mattress, you can do spot cleaning for the accidental spills and stains. Here are tips to clean the foam mattress.
Vacuuming the foam mattress
The foam mattress is very less prone to the allergens, dirt and dust mites. Occasional vacuuming with upholstery attachment brush is more than enough to keep the dust and dirt particles away from the mattress.
How often can you vacuum the mattress?
It is best to vacuum the mattress once in three months to keep your mattress away from dust, mites, dirt, bugs and other harmful pathogens. Vacuum your mattress with a HEPA-rated vacuum cleaner and use the upholstery attachment for best results.
Removing the stains and spills from the mattress
Normally, covering the mattress is best to keep them away from the stains and spills. The polyester or lycra fabric acts as a barrier in between the foam layers of the mattress and liquid spills. However, unfortunately, if spills or stains happen on the mattress! Don’t be panic. It is not very difficult to handle just by following simple tips you can easily remove the stain from the mattress. Take a clean dry towel to soak the stain and dab the stains do not rub the stains as it will spread deeper into the mattress. Still, if you notice the stains there are plenty of amazing ways to spot clean the stains. There are numerous tips available online, follow the tips that are prescribed for the foam mattress to eliminate the stains from the mattress. For instance, you can use detergent liquid and water to spot treat the stains.
Removing the blood stains from the mattress
These types of stains can happen anytime, especially when you are in period times or if you injure your hand or feet etc. it is very important to take an immediate action when you see blood stains on the mattress. Do not use hot water to treat blood, vomit or other bodily stains because these are the protein stains and should be treated using the only solution that has protein. The solution contains protein will loosen the stains and makes it easier to remove.
Before switching to the stain removals try baking soda paste that you can easily prepare at home.
Steps to prepare the baking soda paste to remove the stains
- Mix a tablespoon of baking with cool water to make a paste
- Take a clean damp cloth and apply the paste on the stains and dad the cloth, let the paste get into the stains
- Leave the paste for 25 to 30 minutes on the mattress
- Repeat the same process again using cool wet cloth, do not use hot or warm water because the hot water will set the stains on the mattress and makes it very difficult to remove. Dab and press the cool cloth to remove as much as possible baking soda from the mattress.
- Repeat the same process if required and dry the mattress completely for better results. If you still notice the baking soda marks on the mattress vacuum the mattress cover with the upholstery attachment vacuum cleaner.
If nothing seems to work out, it is highly recommended to hire a Professional Mattress Cleaning company today.