Foam mattress cleaning process is a very easy and simple job to do, but you should not ignore doing it. Mattress Cleaning Melbourne the foam mattress is one of the essential things to do in everyone home. Make sure you use an only little amount of water to clean the foam mattress.
- Firstly, you should remove all the pillow covers, blankets and other items on the mattress. It is advisable to clean the pillow covers and bedspreads at the same time when you clean the mattress. You can dry clean the bedspreads or can wash using the machine.
- You should use a vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment to clean the foam mattress. Make sure you remove all the dirt and dust particles present in the upholstery. Wash the upholstery attachment with a soap solution and let it dry for an about 24 hours. Then attach it with a vacuum cleaner and start cleaning the foam mattress.
- Vacuuming the foam Mattress is the best possible way to remove all the dirt, dust particles, hairs and other minute materials that got into the foam mattress. Flip the mattress and clean. You should clean the mattress on both the sides.
- To get rid of the stains caused by food spills or pets on the mattress, you can better use a steam cleaning machine. Using water or liquid detergents to clean the foam mattress is not advisable. You should not expose the foam mattress to excessive water or you should not saturate the mattress with any of the liquid detergents.
- You can also use vinegar and baking soda mixture to remove the stains. Do not over spray the solution on the mattress. Just dip a cloth in the baking soda and vinegar mixture and then tap it into the stained area later. You can also apply the baking soda powder directly on the foam mattress and start cleaning.
- You should not rub the Professional Mattress Steam/Dry Cleaners agents on the mattress; you will have to just tap it slowly on the stained area. If you start rubbing the detergent on the stained area then there are chances of spreading the solution on the other portions of the mattress.
- You can apply baking soda and allow it to dry overnight. Then you can clean it in a very gentle manner. You will have to dry the mattress properly after cleaning. If you did not dry the foam mattress properly then there are chances of getting an unpleasant odor from the foam mattress.
- Try to clean the food spills and liquid spills as soon as possible. Cleaning the stains quickly helps you to get rid of stains easily. Let the mattress dry in sunlight for few hours. You can use deodorants on the foam mattress in case of any bad odor. Try to dry the mattress in fresh air may be in the terrace or in a clean backyard and so.
You can protect your foam mattress with the help of a mattress cover. Above all only regular cleaning will help you to maintain your foam mattress in a proper and clean way.